Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gluten Free

I have had stomach problems for most of my life.
I could never really pin point what I was eating
that was making me sick. I blamed it on the lettuce, the dairy
or the greasy foods. But then I read up on Celiac Disease,
which is a gluten intolerance.
Gluten is found in flour, grains, oats and barley.
Which is most of the foods I love.
Breads, cakes, cookies and pasta.
But luckily there is a pretty good selection
of gluten free foods out there.
(Thank goodness for Trader Joe's)
They aren't all the yummiest things in the world,
but not horrible either.

So far I have been gluten free for 5 days and
so far so good. No major stomach issues

Gluten free brownies with white chocolate chips
Pretty tasty

Gluten free pasta

Gluten free bread

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's not fun. If you ever need some bean or rice flour ground let me know. I have a grinder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been gluten-free for about 3 weeks and it's working for me (I stopped because of my psoriasis). We'll have to trade recipes and food brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrible... I hope I never have to stop eating those things! That is nice they have better options though. We have a few people in our ward that cannot have gluten either... maybe ya'll could do a recipe swap or something:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the gluten-free diet last year for the same reasons you did and it worked for about 3 months. I hope you have better luck!!!

    ReplyDelete