Sunday, August 19, 2012

No Pasta Lasagna

I got this gigantic zucchini from the bishop's garden
and decided to use it to make 
Pasta free lasagna.  

It was as big as my dogs

I sliced it into long thin pieces.  You can
use a regular knife but a mandolin would
have been better to make them all the same size.
You can roast them by putting them on a 
cookie sheet and oven on 450 degrees
for about 7-9 mins.
I didn't do that but wished I had.
I chose to douse them with salt 
and let them sit for an hour
to draw out all the water, then
press them with paper towels.
But some of the slices were thicker then 
others so they were kinda crunchy.

Layer zucchini, ricotta cheese mixture and pasta
sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and
bake for 45 mins on 375.

It was pretty yummy and low in carbs!
( and WW points)

1 comment: