Friday, October 8, 2010

Relief Society Get Together

This year for the general Relief Society broadcast
I decided to invite some of my friends over to watch.
This is the spread of food I made. Good thing my friend Katy let me borrow her
table cloth to bring some color to the table. All the food turned out mono-cromatic

"Candied Cereal"
This is a yummy sweet chex mix
3/4 cup of butter
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup sugar
bring to a boil & pour over
9 1/2 cups corn chex
7 cups honey grahams
7 oz slivered almonds
7 oz coconut
Mix well!
"Charleston Cheese Dip"
This is my friend Stacy's recipe- it is so good and so easy
Mix together:
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
2 green onions chopped
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
top with crumbled ritz crackers
bake 20 mins at 400 degrees
add bacon to top after out of oven

These were supposed to be cheese straws from a
Paula Dean recipe, but I couldn't get them to be "straw" shape
so I made them into circles.
They weren't very good so I won't post the recipe!

1 comment: